Volunteers and volunteer organizations are essential to a vibrant community. We can continue to grow a culture in the town hall of supporting volunteering as well as finding opportunities for new residents to become involved and integrate into the community. Somethings that we could do are:
- Connect: Help connect volunteers with volunteer opportunities. This could include creating a volunteer coordinator position, establishing a town volunteering committee or working with an established community group that is focused on connecting volunteers to current needs.
- Volunteer fair: Support the creation of a volunteer fair & registration night where people in the community can learn about different activities available to register for and find opportunities to get involved in various community groups or town committees.
- Welcome Wagon: Work with community groups to create a welcome wagon program and use it to highlight opportunities to become involved as well as encourage shopping locally.
- Coordinate: Work more closely with volunteer organizations and churches to find ways to work together to support each other’s efforts to improve our community.
- Community space: Evaluate the community space needs and explore opportunities to provide community groups with more access to affordable space. This could include the community centre or other community-owned facilities (Farm Safety Centre, Museum, Library, Victoria Sports Park, etc).
- Civic education: Create opportunities for the community to learn more about municipal government processes, how they can engage with
counciland how they can get involved.